This is the abstract submission portal for the International Conference on Social Dilemmas 2024 (ICSD 2024).
The abstract submission must be completed online only via this website until January 15, 2024 (23.59 CET+1). Note that to be able to submit an abstract, you first need to create an account on the website.
An abstract can be submitted for both empirical and theoretical scientific research on social dilemmas.
The abstract should be submitted in English only. The abstract should contain the following elements:
1. Title. Please provide an informative title.
2. Name(s), affiliation(s) and email adress(es) of presenting author and co-authors.
3. Empirical abstracts should contain a study for which data has been already collected. Abstracts should contain the study rationale, methods, results and conclusions. Theoretical abstracts should also contain a concise explanation of theoretical concepts. Both types of abstracts should not exceed 400 words.
4. At least three keywords (provided by the author) and a main topic (which will be used to make thematic sessions).
5. Your preference for the type of presentation, i.e., regular talk, short talk or poster.
Presentations will be in the form of regular talks, short talks and poster sessions.
A regular talk will be scheduled for 15 min, including 12 min presentation and 3 min for questions.
A short talk will be scheduled for 5 min. Posters will be presented within a poster session.
When submitting an abstract, we kindly ask you to indicate your preference for the presentation format. We will strive to accommodate your preference, but we cannot guarantee it. For instance, if you prefer a regular talk, but the reviewers indicate that your abstract is more suitable for a short talk, we might offer you as short talk instead (or vice versa). Submitted abstracts will be organized into specific theme sessions based on the general topic of the abstract and the provided keywords.
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee of the ICSD 2024. Each abstract will also be reviewed and scored by two independent reviewers. The abstracts will be scored on the fit to the conference and the quality of the abstract. The following will be considered when evaluating the quality of the abstracts:
- Clear rationale of the study (research questions and/or hypotheses are stated clearly)
- Robustness of the methods (e.g., sample size, preregistration)
- Clearly described results (e.g., results address the research question and hypotheses, appropriate statistical methods)
- Conclusions justified by the results.
Special attention will be paid to the robustness of the methods. Details that demonstrate the quality of the methods used (such as sample size, preregistration, experimental conditions) are recommended to be included in the abstract.
Notification of acceptance
We aim to send out notifications about acceptance of the abstracts by the end February 2024. Upon acceptance, the presenting authors should complete their registration for the conference, in order to be included in the conference program. The registration will be open following the acceptance of abstracts and the link to the registration will be provided in the acceptance email.
Withdrawal of the abstract
If the first author wishes to withdraw the abstract from ICSD 2024, the submitting author should submit a request to ICSD2024@fsw.leidenuniv.nl no later than April 30th.